When a Rock that had been onboarded and was fully functional shows as offline in the Alcatraz Admin Portal it may be
- the Rock has lost power
- it lost its an Internet connection
Note: The Rock can operate without internet connection but events will not be updated in the Admin Portal.
1. Visual and functional inspection of the Rock
- LED ring should be white all around
- if already enrolled, the Rock will authenticate, LED will turn blue than green
- a badge grey badge icon turns green with the LED ring turning green
If the Rock has power and is functional, it is necessary to check the network.
2. Check network connections and network settings
- was there a change to network settings?
- did the network temporarily fail? lost power?
- is Rock still connected to network switch?
- if moved, is switch port configured for PoE+ (802.3at Type 2, minimum 30W)?Important- the Rock requires sufficient power to function
Additionally, If this Rock has never been online and status shows pending then it requires onboarding.