When a Rock that had been onboarded and was fully functional shows offline state in the Alcatraz Admin Portal it may be
- the Rock has lost power
- it lost its an Internet connection
Important Note: The Rock can operate without internet connection but events will not be updated in the Admin Portal.
1. Visual and functional inspection of the Rock
- LED ring should be white all around
- if already enrolled, the Rock will authenticate, LED will turn green (for most ACS configurations)
- and the grey badge icon turns green for an authenticated user
2. Check network connections and network settings
If the Rock has power and is functional, it is necessary to check the network.
- was there a change to network settings?
- did the network temporarily fail? lost power?
- is Rock still connected to network switch?
- if moved, is switch port configured for PoE+ (802.3at Type 2, minimum 30W)?Important- the Rock requires sufficient power to function
Important: If the Rock has not been onboarded to the Admin Portal, it will show offline state