Before arriving at installation site, review the following checklist to ensure installation, network, and tool requirements are met.
Required for Installation and not provided in box. Installer must provide.
- 2-gang switch box (refer to Rock Installation Guide for orientation)
- Ethernet cable (Cat5e or Cat6)
- 22/6 cable from the PACS panel to the 2-gang switch box
- 22/6 cable from the 2-gang switch box to the tethered badge reader
Tools – additional tools may be needed
- Measuring tape,
- Wire stripper / cutter
- Phillips screwdriver
PoE+ (802.3at Type 2) 30W Requirements
- The network port and associated policy is configured for PoE+ (802.3at Type 2)
- If the network port is not PoE+ then a PoE+ injector must be provided (802.3at Type 2)
- The Ethernet cable from the PoE+ network port to the Rock is Cat5e or Cat6, must be in good condition, and shorter than 100m.
- A PoE+ tester to confirm that at least 30W can be provided over the Ethernet cable. (Confirms that PoE+ (802.3at Type 2) is properly configured on the network port and that the Ethernet cable is good quality.)
- UL294B certified injector required for UL294 installations
- If you have Captive Port Login it must be disabled
- These ports are open outbound:
- tcp 443, 3310, 8080, 8883
- These URLs are whitelisted:
- Admin Portal: Username and Password
- Request Asset Panda login credentials from Alcatraz if uploading images
- Request a badge and valid credentials configured with the ACS for testing
- Create QR code for use to config network settings
- Check that work order indicates:
- End User Account Name
- Site Name
- Rock Mode (ex. 1FA, 1FAF, 2FA, mask)
Reference our Rock User Guide for more information.